[Kde-finance-apps] Re: [Kmymoney2-developer] Feature request

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Thu Jan 6 11:42:46 CET 2011

Hi,

on Thursday 06 January 2011 09:37:26 James Zhixin Zhang wrote:

> To Whom It May Concern:
>
> I have been using KMyMoney for a few months and find it particularly
>  powerful. Based on my current experience, I would like to suggest separate
>  storage of investment market data and book data. I maintain 4 investment
>  accounts in KMyMoney with several stocks/mutual funds. I also have foreign
>  currency income/spending/investment. As I update stock prices and exchange
>  rates on daily basis, the kmy file becomes larger and larger which makes
>  useful when reviewing report, I would like to suggest storage of only
>  current market data in kmy file and the historical market data can be
>  stored in another file for example. Thank you for your efforts in
>  developing and maintaining such a great program.

This would be something we see in a project called Alkimia (which we are part
of). See
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KdeFinance/Alkimia/Usecases#Central_Stock_Price_Information
for details (OK, not much right now). Alkimia as a provider of such
information should also store it somewhere.

Thomas Baumgart

Unix is the most user friendly system I know, the point is
that it is really selective about who is indeed its friend.