[Kde-finance-apps] Re: libalkimia now in extragear

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at kde.org
Thu Jan 13 10:53:04 CET 2011

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 6:45 AM, Thomas Baumgart <thb at net-bembel.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> on Thursday 13 January 2011 10:33:51 Tony Bloomfield wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 13:31:13 +0100
>>
>> Thomas Baumgart <thb at net-bembel.de> wrote:
>> > ... which took a while but now it is done. The part that took so long
>> > was to find a suitable place to drop it. We now have a page at
>> > http://kde- apps.org/content/show.php/libalkimia?content=137323 and
>> > the download link there gives you access to the released tar-ball.
>> >
>> > Work is underway to include it in KMyMoney and hopefully other
>> > finance apps will use it as well. In case of problems, just keep
>> > telling us/me.
>>
>> I have my own 'price source' which actually just invokes a shell script
>> to get the quotes from a pre-filled local file. Will I still be able to
>> use this when alkimia is included in KMM?
>
> Both issues - adding the current state of libalkimia to KMyMoney and using
> alkimia for online quote access - are not related except they both run under
> the hood of Alkimia.
>
> What I am working on with kaduardo is the replacement of the internals of the
> MyMoneyMoney class by sub-classing it from AlkValue. So that step should not
> influence your setup.
>
> I am not sure about the alkquotes part which Alvaro can probably comment on.

LibAlkimia will be a dependency of KMM.
Alkimia, the storage backend, will not be included in KMM, but there
is going to be the possibility to communicate with it, like AqBanking
or OFX today.
For quotes, we expect it to act as a central storage of shares and
currency quotes, which KMM may or may not use, like Finance::Quote
today, for example.
So, you will still be able to use other means to update your quotes.

Regards,
Alvaro