[Kde-finance-apps] Re: libalkimia now in extragear

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Thu Jan 13 10:45:45 CET 2011

Hi,

on Thursday 13 January 2011 10:33:51 Tony Bloomfield wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 13:31:13 +0100
>
> Thomas Baumgart <thb at net-bembel.de> wrote:
> > ... which took a while but now it is done. The part that took so long
> > was to find a suitable place to drop it. We now have a page at
> > http://kde- apps.org/content/show.php/libalkimia?content=137323 and
> > the download link there gives you access to the released tar-ball.
> >
> > Work is underway to include it in KMyMoney and hopefully other
> > finance apps will use it as well. In case of problems, just keep
> > telling us/me.
>
> I have my own 'price source' which actually just invokes a shell script
> to get the quotes from a pre-filled local file. Will I still be able to
> use this when alkimia is included in KMM?

Both issues - adding the current state of libalkimia to KMyMoney and using
alkimia for online quote access - are not related except they both run under
the hood of Alkimia.

What I am working on with kaduardo is the replacement of the internals of the
MyMoneyMoney class by sub-classing it from AlkValue. So that step should not
influence your setup.

I am not sure about the alkquotes part which Alvaro can probably comment on.

Thomas Baumgart

Computers let you make more mistakes faster than any other
invention in human history, with the possible exception
of handguns and tequila. --Mitch Radcliffe