[Kde-finance-apps] help on a new application

Fernando Vilas fvilas at iname.com
Sat May 22 03:52:33 CEST 2010

On Friday, May 21, 2010 00:54:53 Thomas Baumgart wrote:
[...]
> Well, I have some here in a little sandbox. It's basically just moving from
> MyMoneyMoney (rational numbers using 64 bit ints) to AlkValue (rational
> numbers based on libgmp (http://gmplib.org/). For a smooth transition at
> some point in time I want to base MyMoneyMoney on AlkValue, such that we
> have
>
> class MyMoneyMoney : public AlkValue
>
> and don't have to touch the app at all (OK, I am in dream mode).

I do not envision that the port will be bad, even if we do have to make some
small changes.

I just spent a semester in a computer arithmetic class, where some of my
classmates used gmplib. It looks like the library we would need for a financial
application. My concern is that it may or may not be standard on most distros.
I know that it is not on Slackware, but PV has added dependencies to support
KDE in the past (other than PAM and for a while PolKit).

--
Thanks,
Fernando Vilas
fvilas at iname.com