[Kde-finance-apps] Work on Alkimia during SoK

Brian Cappello briancappello at gmail.com
Fri May 21 19:39:31 CEST 2010

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 10:19 AM, santosh kumar <santosh.k66 at gmail.com>wrote:

> thanks Alavaro and Cristian
> mid august is a great time frame.
> suits me .
> one question though can I do it with one source and one notification
> initially.
> We can build on it later on .
> I found by blogs and all that yahoo cvs is the thing that comes
> closest to real time .

I was able to do some research too on this, and it appears real-time is
dependent upon whatever exchange the asked-for symbol is on. For example,
you're lucky, it appears the National Stock Exchange of India always
provides real-time quotes (as long as you're signed into Yahoo). For more or
less the rest of the world quotes are delayed by anywhere from 10-30
minutes, or real-time must be paid for (and again the user must be logged
in). See here for details:
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/finance/quotes/fitadelay.html

> it's reliable .
>
> free
>
> and there are no srtrings attached.
>
> since dbus application is so critical to the format of our work we may
> like dbus people to keep updating on it's evolution and their
> expectations.
> thanks bryan for your help with that yahoo script.

No problem :) It seems you have *many* more years of programming experience
than I, so I shall be the one calling you SIR ;)