[Kde-finance-apps] help on a new application

Brian Cappello briancappello at gmail.com
Fri May 21 00:34:22 CEST 2010

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 3:34 PM, Alvaro Soliverez <asoliverez at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 4:27 PM, Brian Cappello <briancappello at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> For charts, in KMyMoney we are using kdchart, a GPL library developed
> by KDAB, and used by KOffice too.
> So far, it seems to fit our needs and the support has been responsive
> whenever we have found problems.
> I think you might find that easier to use, and it is definitively easy
> to get started with. The kreportchartview class in KMyMoney has a
> working example of that.

Hmm, I'll have to check that out. When I started writing the chart code I
certainly wasn't aware of what I was getting myself into, so reuse would
definitely be favorable to re-inventing the wheel...

As for Alkimia, is there any code yet? I guess what I'm asking is what are
my first steps? If it would be helpful I can write out some requirements
brainstormings wrt to what I've learned so far with regards to
retrieving/storing/serving stock data. Also, if anybody off-hand knows of
any good example library/dbus code to look at that twould be sweet...
otherwise I could always not be lazy and just use Google... :)