[Kde-finance-apps] Defining the scope of the work during Season of KDE - Alkimia DBus service

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Tue May 18 07:46:31 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 18 May 2010 03:50:04 Fernando Vilas wrote:

[...]

> > > I don't really understand that sentence ;-)
> >
> > My mistake, I mean "2 double variables put together"
>
> It's actually 2 qint64 variables, since money is representable as a
>  rational number. There is very little KMM specific code in it, as far as I
>  remember, so it should be easy to use.

And those two qint64s will go as part of a first step in Alkimia. They will be
replaced with a single mpq_t from gmp (http://gmplib.org/) which gives us
arbitrary precision. The influence on the (current) MyMoneyMoney interface
should be minimal (at least my plan), though we might use a new more
generalized name for it (etc. AlkValue).

> Thanks guys, for taking up the task. This looks like it will be an
>  interesting project.

Thomas Baumgart

If a cluttered desk is characteristic of a cluttered mind,
what does an empty desk mean ?