[Kde-finance-apps] Introducing Koo

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 21:25:38 CET 2010

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 5:16 PM, Guillaume DE BURE
<guillaume.debure at gmail.com> wrote:
> Le Dimanche 21 Mars 2010 14:19:51, Alvaro Soliverez a écrit :
>> Hello Albert,
>> welcome to the group. I'm sure we will find common issues to help each other.
>>
>> For the graphs, in KMyMoney we use libkdchart. It's a graph lib
>> developed by KDAB and used in KOffice. It's a model-based lib, and
>> it's fairly to get started with it. I can point you to the relevant
>> class in our code if you are interested.
>>
>> Skrooge has graphics too, but I don't know what they are using.
> We've considered kdchart once, but didn't really like their licencing (not GPL at that time, may have changed, though), and Qt4 support was not really clear when we started skrooge. hence, we are building our graph using standard QGraphics framework.
> Maybe it's time we reconsidered kdchart, or start another library under the GPL licence.

Libkdchart is available in KOffice 2.x, licensed under GPL 2.x or
later. It's updated fairly often, but it is not packaged separately,
so we decided to include it in our code as a private library, and we
update it regularly from the KOffice branch.

Regards,
Alvaro