[Kde-finance-apps] Started coding for Alkimia

Fernando Vilas fvilas at iname.com
Tue Jun 8 02:00:18 CEST 2010

On Monday, June 07, 2010 12:17:12 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> Please, remember to send the mails to the list. So that others can chime in
> if I'm not available or if someone else knows better, and the discussion
> can be searched later by other people.

[...]
> As for the data storage, I expect the CRUD methods to be there, that's it
> for now.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Create,_read,_update_and_delete

As others have suggested, Qt may have already written a lot of that code for
you, if you structure the database right. Look into the QSqlTableModel, and
related objects.

And I'll go ahead and add my two cents. In my opinion, writing a black box
unit test is part of the design. Code the actual unit(s) after that. It will
help improve the code tremendously. And if you ever find yourself in an
environment that requires white box testing, you can improve the test driver
to cover all branches in the latter part of the coding phase.

Now if I can just remember to follow my own advice. :-)

--
Thanks,
Fernando Vilas
fvilas at iname.com