[Kde-finance-apps] Presentation

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sat Jan 23 14:25:09 CET 2010

On Friday 22 January 2010 04:01:42 Fernando Vilas wrote:

> I'm Fernando Vilas, in Texas, and I help out with the database backend of
> KMyMoney.

Within this series of introductions, I want to follow. My name's Thomas
Baumgart and I am working on the KMyMoney project for the last 8 years.

I have a strong background in software design and development and have worked
on projects ranging from the embedded world (maybe you have my software in
your car) to large scale systems installed at various airports as well as
compilers and operating systems. Tasks range from requirement engineering to
testing with everything in between.

I gained most of the knowledge about bookkeeping and accounting while working
on the KMyMoney project. Also, I got in love with the Qt/KDE libraries and
their functionality and ease of use.

One of the things I really like to see is that we can share some code bases
among the various Qt/KDE projects that have a financial aspect in one way or
the other. Besides using KMyMoney for my personal affairs, I am looking for a
membership management program that can be used the many non-profit sports
club in Germany as a replacement to some existing MS software.

Thomas Baumgart

Linux & Open Source Software - aaah, the sweet smell of 'Free'dom