[Kde-extra-gear] This list and associated website will be ending in one week

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Fri Jan 22 19:44:56 UTC 2016

Hi Jeremy,

Am Mittwoch, 20. Januar 2016, 11:19:31 schrieb Jeremy Whiting:
> Friedrich,
>
> On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 9:36 AM, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau
>
> <kossebau at kde.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > let's get this one finished.
> >
> > Am Montag, 31. August 2015, 20:09:39 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> >> El Dilluns, 31 d'agost de 2015, a les 14:10:05, Helio Chissini de Castro
> >> va
> >>
> >> escriure:

> >> I'm concerned about the website going away, yes it is *old* but there are
> >> links going to it and there's visits as piwik shows, what are we going to
> >> do with it? totally kill it? I think we should make some redirects to
> >> places that make sense at least for app pages
> >
> > Redirects could be done to the respective app pages below
> > https://www.kde.org/applications/
> > which are having similar info.
> >
> > Not sure all apps have pages there already (e.g. KXStitch is to be found
> > where? is not in /applications/graphics/ at least), so would be also good
> > to fix that while doing so.
> >
> > Anyone quick up to do that, first
> > a) add missing pages to kde.org/applications, then
> > b) adding redirects?
>
> I can do a and b if you like,

That would be great.

> do we have a list of which applications
> need redirects and to be added? I didn't see kxstitch on www.kde.org,
> but it is on userbase at https://userbase.kde.org/KXStitch . the
> contents of www.kde.org/applications are generated by the .json files
> here I believe:
> https://websvn.kde.org/trunk/www/sites/www/applications/apps/

Mh, after all the years of git I now fail to checkout a subversion repo. Or is
it due to svn+ssh:// not enabled (or not for anyone)?

Most items on the extragear website seem to have proper replacement on
kde.org/applications/.
A few have not, but they could be added as first step:
KXStitch, SymbolEditor, Kst

Others seem mo longer maintained/developed, should their homepages just be
dropped completely? Who might be interested in this ancient information?

Kipi is a challenge, it is a framework with plugins and not an application. So
where can it have its mini-homepage on kde.org?
And same challenge are possibly the Kopete plugins, but they might be outdated
now.

See below for full overview on software listed on extragear.kde.org and please
comment.

Cheers
Friedrich

Addon
=====
Kopete Skype -> no longer developed as of its page

Graphics
========
KColorEdit -> https://www.kde.org/applications/graphics/kcoloredit/
KGraphViewer -> https://www.kde.org/applications/graphics/kgraphviewer/
KPhotoAlbum -> https://www.kde.org/applications/graphics/kphotoalbum/
digiKam -> https://www.kde.org/applications/graphics/digikam/

KXStitch -> needs entry on kde.org/applications
SymbolEditor -> needs entry on kde.org/applications
Kipi -> needs entry, but kde.org/applications seems not fitting, no app

DigikamImagePlugins -> possibly what is now kipi, seems no longer developed
KolorManager -> dead link on extragear.kde.org itself
kpovmodeler -> seems no longer developed
showimg -> seems dead

Multimedia
==========
Amarok -> https://www.kde.org/applications/multimedia/amarok/
K3b -> https://www.kde.org/applications/multimedia/k3b/
Kaffeine -> https://www.kde.org/applications/multimedia/kaffeine/
kmplayer -> https://www.kde.org/applications/multimedia/kmplayer/

kplayer ->  seems no longer developed

Network
=======
KFTPGrabber -> https://www.kde.org/applications/internet/kftpgrabber/
KMldonkey -> https://www.kde.org/applications/internet/kmldonkey/
KTorrent -> https://www.kde.org/applications/internet/ktorrent/
Konversation -> https://www.kde.org/applications/internet/konversation/
knemo -> https://www.kde.org/applications/internet/knemo/

Kopete Bonjour -> ?
Kopete Cryptography -> ?
KDEBluetooth -> seems kde4-only

Office
======
KEuroCalc -> https://www.kde.org/applications/office/keurocalc/
Skrooge -> https://www.kde.org/applications/office/skrooge/
Tellico -> https://www.kde.org/applications/office/tellico/
kile -> https://www.kde.org/applications/office/kile/

Science
=======
Kst -> has own subdomain https://kst-plot.kde.org/, needs kde.org/applications

System
======
KDE Partition Manager ->
https://www.kde.org/applications/system/kdepartitionmanager/

Utility
=======
Kiosktool -> https://www.kde.org/applications/system/kioskadmintool/
Krecipes -> https://www.kde.org/applications/utilities/krecipes/
Krusader -> https://www.kde.org/applications/utilities/krusader/
Yakuake -> https://www.kde.org/applications/system/yakuake/

kdiff3 -> https://www.kde.org/applications/development/kdiff3/

KConfigEditor -> seems no longer developed
Kronometer -> ?