[Kde-extra-gear] ANN: KDevelop 4.4 Beta 1 released

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Sat Aug 18 01:34:24 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 14 August 2012 15:11:44 Martin Cigorraga wrote:
> On 14 August 2012 12:57, Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de> wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > I’m happy to announce the immediate availability of KDevelop 4.4 Beta 1.
> > This
> > is a testing version and any kind of feedback would be welcome. Please use
> > our
> > bugtracker for that [1]. You can download the sources [2] or use binary
> > packages provided by your distribution.
> >
> > [1]: http://bugs.kde.org/
> > [2]:
> > http://download.kde.org/download.php?url=unstable/kdevelop/4.3.80/src/
> >
> > For more information, please read the full announcement on our website:
> >
> > http://kdevelop.org/44/kdevelop-440-beta-1-released
> >
> > Cheers!
> > --
> > Milian Wolff
> > mail at milianw.de
> > http://milianw.de
>
> Excelent news!
>
> >From some time to this part I've been using KDevelop as my main development
>
> IDE - mostly PHP/ECMAScript/HTML5, shell script, the usual stuff.
> As I'm relatively new to KDevelop/Quanta IDEs I would like to ask which are
> the current differences between the two softwares.
> As I understand it, Quanta will be the KDevelop succesor adding on top
> KDevelop features a whole new set of tools aimed to make web development
> easier, is that right?

If ever released, Quanta will be more about sane defaults for webdevelopers
than anything else.

After all, everything that you write as a plugin for Quanta can be used in
KDevelop and vice versa. The idea is only to make Quanta i.e. offer the user
more help with the webdev work flow, while KDevelop more aims at the compiled
languages and similar.

Though this line is being blurred continuously, I have to say. KDevelop can
quite easily be configured such that it is an excellent scripting IDE already.

Cheers
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de