[Kde-extra-gear] ANN: KDevelop 4.4 Beta 1 released

Martin Cigorraga msx at archlinux.us
Tue Aug 14 18:11:44 UTC 2012

On 14 August 2012 12:57, Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I’m happy to announce the immediate availability of KDevelop 4.4 Beta 1.
> This
> is a testing version and any kind of feedback would be welcome. Please use
> our
> bugtracker for that [1]. You can download the sources [2] or use binary
> packages provided by your distribution.
>
> [1]: http://bugs.kde.org/
> [2]:
> http://download.kde.org/download.php?url=unstable/kdevelop/4.3.80/src/
>
> For more information, please read the full announcement on our website:
>
> http://kdevelop.org/44/kdevelop-440-beta-1-released
>
> Cheers!
> --
> Milian Wolff
> mail at milianw.de
> http://milianw.de

Excelent news!

>From some time to this part I've been using KDevelop as my main development
IDE - mostly PHP/ECMAScript/HTML5, shell script, the usual stuff.
As I'm relatively new to KDevelop/Quanta IDEs I would like to ask which are
the current differences between the two softwares.
As I understand it, Quanta will be the KDevelop succesor adding on top
KDevelop features a whole new set of tools aimed to make web development
easier, is that right?

Best regards,
Martin

--