[Kde-extra-gear] Yakuake support for new KWin blur plugin

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Fri May 28 17:33:29 CEST 2010

On 05/28/2010 04:10 PM, Andreas Demmer wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Andreas,

> are there any plans for Yakuake yet, to make use of the new KWin blur plugin
> and blur semitransparent backgrounds? This would really improve the
> readability.

I haven't looked into it yet (I only got 4.5beta1 with the new
blur effect two days ago), but I'm interested in doing so.

Without having looked at it, my guess is that the problem will
probably be that in theory it would be nice for the Konsole
KPart to set a blur region itself so its terminals are blurred
in all KDE apps using it instead of just Yakuake, but Yakuake's
blur region also has to include skin elements outside the ter-
minal area, so the two codebases might have to act in concert
in some way as to not overwrite each other's blur regions.

--
Best regards,
Eike Hein