[Kde-extra-gear] some build help

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Aug 10 22:32:14 CEST 2010

A Dimarts, 3 d'agost de 2010, Robby Stephenson va escriure:
> Hi all,
>
> Laurent Montel and I hit a build problem and I'm hoping someone could
> help us resolve it. Both KMyMoney and Tellico have subdirectories named
> "models" that create static libs, and I believe that when they are both
> built from the extragear/office/ level, there's a build conflict because
> of it. At least, I think that's what the problem is. It may be something
> else.
>
> See http://markmail.org/thread/oadkksaoudhmytt7 for the most recent
> build failure (in tellico) when Laurent added kmymoney to the top-level
> build.
>
> I think pino hit the same problem back in June for
> r1141528
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/office/CMakeLists.txt?view=log
>
> The obvious solution is to rename one of the directories, and that's
> certainly feasible. But does anyone know some CMake foo magic that would
> fix the solution instead?
>
> I know I appreciate Tellico being built from the top-level office
> directory since that's where the build tests happen, and I'm sure
> Laurent feels the same way.

The problem is not both projects having a directory named models, the problem
is both projects building a library called libmodels.a (i know it's mostly the
same but not exactly the same ;-))

One of them should just rename the lib from libmodels.a to libtellicomodels.a
and bedone, maybe it can be fixed using cmake vodoo but in my opinion it's not
work the headache.

Albert