[Kde-extra-gear] KGraphViewer ideas ...

Sandro Andrade sandro.andrade at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 00:24:32 CEST 2009

> Hi Sandro,

Hi Gaël

Le mercredi 17 juin 2009 15:05:05 Sandro Andrade, vous avez écrit :
> > Ok, I'll try connect such signals to slots in my KDevelop plugin.
> > BTW, in the attached image you can see some preliminary result on control
> > flow graphs inside KDevelop using the KGraphViewer kpart.
> Yes! I also read your blog entry. Great job! Again, if you need some
> features
> in the part, please tell me. Given my free time, I'll try to implement them
> as
> soon as possible. You are also free to change the code if necessary.

Yes, I tell you if I need something !

>  > I'm using Graphviz programmatically to construct the graph from the
> > function calls collected in the source code. It's API is quite ease and
> > complete.
> I'll have a new look at that as soon as possible, maybe during the summer.

It would be nice if the part could also accept an Graphviz 'Agraph_t *' to
be visualized, alternatively to the .dot file name. I have to write a
temporary file in KDevelop (from the generated Agraph_t), which is then
loaded by the KGraphViewer kpart.

> When your work will be integrated in the mainstream kdevelop, will it be a
> problem to be dependant from a part from extragear ?

I don't think so. The features I'm implementing are a single plugin for
KDevelop. This plugin is in fact dependant from extragear, but this is
totally insulated from KDevelop core.

Thanks,
Sandro

> Regards,
>
> Gaël
>
> --
> KsirK - a world domination strategy game
> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Games/Tactic_and_Strategy/KsirK
>
> KGraphViewer - a GraphViz dot graphs viewer
> http://extragear.kde.org/apps/kgraphviewer

Sandro Santos Andrade
Distributed Systems Laboratory (LaSiD)
Computer Science Department (DCC)