[Kde-extra-gear] KGraphViewer ideas ...

Kleag kleag at free.fr
Thu Jun 18 22:21:26 CEST 2009

Hi Sandro,

Le mercredi 17 juin 2009 15:05:05 Sandro Andrade, vous avez écrit :
> Ok, I'll try connect such signals to slots in my KDevelop plugin.
> BTW, in the attached image you can see some preliminary result on control
> flow graphs inside KDevelop using the KGraphViewer kpart.
Yes! I also read your blog entry. Great job! Again, if you need some features
in the part, please tell me. Given my free time, I'll try to implement them as
soon as possible. You are also free to change the code if necessary.

> > > 3) Why haven't you used Graphviz as a library (as indicated in
> > > http://www.graphviz.org/pdf/libguide.pdf) instead of relying in
> > > QProcess invocation of dot, twopi and output processing (I know, this
> > > is the KCachegrind approach) ?
> >
> > You said it: it's the kcachegrind approach and in fact, when I started
> > kgraphviewer I reused the kcachegrind code :-) Well, there is not much
> > remaining up to now.
> > I think it is still a good solution. The xdot format is easy to parse.
> > But I
> > already thinked to have a look at the graphviz library.
>
> I'm using Graphviz programmatically to construct the graph from the
> function calls collected in the source code. It's API is quite ease and
> complete.
I'll have a new look at that as soon as possible, maybe during the summer.

When your work will be integrated in the mainstream kdevelop, will it be a
problem to be dependant from a part from extragear ?

Regards,

Gaël

--
KsirK - a world domination strategy game
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Games/Tactic_and_Strategy/KsirK

KGraphViewer - a GraphViz dot graphs viewer
http://extragear.kde.org/apps/kgraphviewer