[Kde-extra-gear] moving Tellico into extragear SVN

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Sat Feb 7 04:42:37 CET 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to move my application, Tellico, into the extragear module.
The homepage is http://periapsis.org/tellico/ right now, and the
current SVN repo is hosted in Novell Forge. I've got most of the KDE4
port done in the trunk right now, and I feel like it's a good time to
make the move to the KDE repo. I just got an SVN account and contacted
helio.

I'm planning to add Tellico to the office category, does that sound
right? Tellico s a collection manager (books, movies, pretty much
anything) with a fairly long history, going back many years. The
current release is 1.3.4, though I'm planning to release a final
version for KDE3 sometime in the next week or two.

What has been the practice in the past, do people try to replay their
SVN history when they move apps into extragear, or just take the
current code and import starting there? I don't really feel like I
need all my SVN history, going back to KDE2 days, but if it were
relatively easy, I'd give it a shot.

I'm still getting up to speed with cmake, so I expect I'll have a lot
of questions about fitting Tellico into the way the modules build.

Any other pointers?

Thanks for your help!
Robby