[Kde-extra-gear] Kopete-Skype dieing out, how to remove

ssuuddoo ssuuddoo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 13:56:58 CET 2007

I have an idea.
why do people strike to make a plugin for skype to be included in kopete
or gaim? Why do not make a plugin that just communicates with an installed
skype and just transfers the messages from it and to it?

For example in windows, I used to have Miranda IM and had the skype plugin
in it
to have all the contacts in one list, but the skype plugin in miranda does
not work
without the original SKYPE program, so it does not have to bother with the
skype communication
policy or the structure of the used protocols, it just has to make a new
"virtual" client
for the IM program that takes the skype contacts from an existing skype
installation
and puts them in the contact list of kopete or gaim. Wouldnt it be easier
to have skype
in these IM programs using this method?

thnx 4 your time

ssuuddoo