[Kde-extra-gear] several kgraphviewer questions

Kleag kleag at free.fr
Tue Jul 31 08:41:21 CEST 2007

Hello,

Yes, it is a good place to ask. I'll for now answer very quickly because I'm
in my way to leave for 2 weeks. I'll have very few internet access there.

First of all, thanks a lot for your very positive feedback. See below for the
details.
Le lundi 30 juillet 2007, Hendrik Tews a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I just tried kgraphviewer (1.0.4 using kde 3.5.5) for the first
> time. Please direct me to the right place if this is not the
> right place to ask questions like the following:
>

> 1. how can I bind the zoom in/out event to keys or the scroll
>    wheel?
It is already binded to Ctrl++ and Ctrl+- and to Shift+Mouse wheel. There is
no way to change the mouse binding currently. keyboard bindings should be
changeable through "Settings->Configure keyboard shortcuts". They aren't.
This is a bug to be opened at bugs.kde.org. You can open it or I'll do when I
come back.

> 2. how can I launch independent copies of kgraphviewer? When I
>    first start it with a big graph (dot formatting > 5 minutes),
>    then any further kgraphviewer is not reacting at all.
Exact. It tries to contact the precedent occurrence to test if we want to use
it. If it is blocked by dot, it stalls. This will be solved in the next
version by running dot in another thread.

> 3. Is there a way to let kgraphviewer reposition the graph on the
>    target (or source) of some edge? (eg, I am looking on node 'a'
>    and there is an edge a->b, I want to click on the edge and
>    then the graph is repositioned to 'b')
This is a good feature idea. I'll add it to my TODO list for the next version.

> 4. Where can I configure the zoom steps?
Not configurable currently. Added to the TODO.

> 5. Can I have the birdseye view in a separate window?
Not currently. Added to the TODO.

> My congratulations for this already impressive looking tool. It
> feels much better than zgrviewer, which I have been using until
> now.
Thanks a lot :-)

Note that if you wish, you can open some wish-level bugs at bugs.kde.org for
the wishes I plan to take into account. This way, you will be informed when I
close them.

Best regards,

Kleag
--
KsirK - a turn-based strategy game for KDE
http://gna.org/projects/ksirk

KGraphViewer - a GraphViz dot graphs viewer
http://extragear.kde.org/apps/kgraphviewer