[Kde-extra-gear] Farewell, so long, the four is coming ...

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Thu Apr 19 18:28:28 CEST 2007

Alle 16:06, giovedì 19 aprile 2007, Helio Chissini de Castro ha scritto:
> On Thursday 19 April 2007, Sebastian Trüg wrote:
> > > During this time, i planned a cleanup in applications as well, so i'll be
> > > moving all current trunk for branches/extragear/kde3 and will let on
> > > trunk only the apps effectively maintained, and new one's waiting to
> > > enter on kde 4 life.
> >
> > In case of K3b I think it would be ok to move trunk to kde3, but please let
> > me do that. After 1.1 I will start the KDE4 port and, thus, move back to
> > trunk. Sounds good?
>
> Done deal, is up to you decide in yout app as usual :-)
>
> > > - Should we commit ourselves to the ( not well ) implementated idea of
> > > STABLE tags ? I, and suspect Aseigo, want that as a "yes", since we still
> > > plan to launch apps packages. And how we will package this apps ? By app
> > > or by module ?
> >
> > I am already using the stable tag branch for K3b but not the tag. I don't
> > like the idea of an extragear package. K3b should only be released by me,
> > please.
>
> So, let's explain one of the ideas
> The idea is not us pick the package, the idea is release a set of last stable
> packages, so during the new KDE release, we will launch a "module" containing
> all latest released tarbals made by developers. So, as example, if you
> releases k3b 2.0 in september and KDE will be released in October, for
> convenience, we will have a package extragear-multimedia containing the 2.0
> release independently ( or a link for your official package ), doesn't matter
> if you are already working on  2.1 or later. The package will be just for
> easy target of packagers.
But that means the real release date is the extragear one, since packagers won't
probably download every single module if they have a collecting one.
I'm not sure that means we are the ones who decide release date, only the stable
package... don't know if what we wants, it looks like kde-core/graphics...etc.

Angelo