[Kde-extra-gear] KDiff3-0.9.91 released

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Mon Nov 6 17:46:19 CET 2006

At Sunday 05 November 2006 14:38, you wrote:
> My personal opinion was move kde3 devel for branch and kde4 for trunk, but
> have all your opinions enough for me.
>
> Plan to do ASAP, so just a few requires and questions:
>
> 1 - PLACE
> Is branches/extragear/kde4 a good place for you ?

Hi.

Just remember there has to be some l18n work to get that going in another branch. Fwiw, I dont mind moving somewhere else.

> 2 - CURRENT APPS ON BRANCH MAIN TREE
> Today we have k3b, amarok, etc..
> Would be so dificult move for a place like
> branches/extragear/kde3/k3b
> This way we keep this heavily organized and you just need type a few letters
> on first checkout :-)
> But this is a question, no problem if you dont want move from branch main
> tree. I don't want stress out anyone

So you want remove the 'pim', 'edu', etc. part?

> 3 - STABLE x WORLD
> We decide for some idea in the past on stable releases on branch.
> I was quite busy on past months due work, then i can't tell for real the
> approval and usage of this method. I strongly desire to keep it, but maybe
> the way we are handling this thing maybe would not be the best.
> I neeed to know how many of you are using this way to keep stable copies, and
> if a good new and better idea can appear to make the idea of extragear
> releases on kde launch dates relevant without touch the freedom of keg
> developers.

I think the release schedule is too different for different applications. Also the seperate apps are already packaged, so I don't really get how this should work ;-)

> 4 - RELEVANCY of keg.org
> I can be completly wrong in this matter, and maybe start to see extragear as a
> standalone repository and we enforce our application launches on kde-apps,
> since like or not, we're a bit of doing the same work as kde-apps ( in a
> matter of public announce the application ) and to be sincere, we're barely
> get to much attention on keg.org page as kde-apps get. Of course mainstream
> apps like amarok and k3b have their on hits on their webpage, wich make me
> again questioning the relevancy of keg.org as a main point.
> As a apps page that decided not have their own infra, like KST, is of course
> the best place, so no question about this specific point.

For RSIBreak there is no need for keg.org.

Toma