[Kde-extra-gear] KDiff3-0.9.91 released

Helio Chissini de Castro helio at mandriva.com
Sun Nov 5 14:38:28 CET 2006

Em Sáb 04 Nov 2006 14:21, Caulier Gilles escreveu:
> Le Samedi 4 Novembre 2006 15:30, Jesper K. Pedersen a écrit :
> > On Saturday 04 November 2006 14:58, Kleag wrote:

> > | As KDiff3, kgraphviewer for KDE4 is ready to be imported into SVN. So,
> > | shouldn't we create a branch for KDE4? Or better, use trunk for KDE4
> > | versions and a branch for KDE3 ?
> > |
> > | KDE4 is working enough to develop apps, now, I think.
> > |
> > | Regards,
> > |
> > | Kleag
> >
> > It doesn't make much sense to release KEG packages for KDE 4 until KDE 4
> > itself is out IMHO. So I'd say we should keep trunk with KDE 3, and
> > create a branch for KDE 4.
> >
> > (Just my opinion)
> >
> > Cheers
> > Jesper.
>
> Agree. We have planed to port digiKam and DigikamImagePlugins later than
> 0.9.0 release planed at Christmast
>
> Gilles Caulier

Ok, nice when this things start automatically :-)
My fear was who will stay in branch, who will go for trunk.

My personal opinion was move kde3 devel for branch and kde4 for trunk, but
have all your opinions enough for me.

Plan to do ASAP, so just a few requires and questions:

1 - PLACE
Is branches/extragear/kde4 a good place for you ?

2 - CURRENT APPS ON BRANCH MAIN TREE
Today we have k3b, amarok, etc..
Would be so dificult move for a place like
branches/extragear/kde3/k3b
This way we keep this heavily organized and you just need type a few letters
on first checkout :-)
But this is a question, no problem if you dont want move from branch main
tree. I don't want stress out anyone

3 - STABLE x WORLD
We decide for some idea in the past on stable releases on branch.
I was quite busy on past months due work, then i can't tell for real the
approval and usage of this method. I strongly desire to keep it, but maybe
the way we are handling this thing maybe would not be the best.
I neeed to know how many of you are using this way to keep stable copies, and
if a good new and better idea can appear to make the idea of extragear
releases on kde launch dates relevant without touch the freedom of keg
developers.

4 - RELEVANCY of keg.org
I can be completly wrong in this matter, and maybe start to see extragear as a
standalone repository and we enforce our application launches on kde-apps,
since like or not, we're a bit of doing the same work as kde-apps ( in a
matter of public announce the application ) and to be sincere, we're barely
get to much attention on keg.org page as kde-apps get. Of course mainstream
apps like amarok and k3b have their on hits on their webpage, wich make me
again questioning the relevancy of keg.org as a main point.
As a apps page that decided not have their own infra, like KST, is of course
the best place, so no question about this specific point.

So, later of all, i would like to apologise my absent presence recently, but i
promiss take more care of keg related things this time

Peace

--
Helio Chissini de Castro
Research and development