[Kde-extra-gear] [Kde-imaging] Gwenview maintainership

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Sat Dec 16 22:43:49 CET 2006

> Your contribution have been greatly appreciated. Gwenview wouldn't be where it
> is in Mandriva without you, so don't feel guilty :-)
I don't, i just feel myself sad ;)

> > I do hope you're going to take your time and let's say giving up developing
> > for a while, but i do hope again you aren't going to let gwenview die.
>
> I certainly do not want to see Gwenview die, I really hope someone will pick
> it up. For now, I just don't feel like working on it. One should never say
> never though, so this doesn't mean I won't work on Gwenview anymore.
>
> I think I am a bit fed up with all the (very necessary) non-coding tasks
> involved in managing a project on my free time. I am sure you know what I
> mean, since you've been doing exactly this kind of work on KIPI.
I believe I know what you mean :)

> For now I would like to become back an occasional contributor to other
> projects, working on one-evening-hacks to scratch personal itches with other
> software feels more appealing. I guess I need a break. How long should it
> last I can't tell.
That's right take your time but... please don't vanish, we need your help
yet... at least/also in kipi ;)

Angelo

P.S. do you mind if from time to time i will commit some fixing in gwenview?
(well at least if there's no new maintainer)