[Kde-extra-gear] KDiff3-0.9.89 released

Joachim Eibl joachim.eibl at gmx.de
Sun Apr 9 21:00:22 CEST 2006

Hi,

A new release of KDiff3 is available.

For translators: Even though I announced a string freeze three weeks ago, I
added a few more strings and documentation. Sorry for any inconveniences.
I'll make a new bugfix-release in a about a month, where I'll update the
translations once more.

I hope some of the new features can make up for that:

- Manual alignment of lines in the diff-input. This was often asked for,
  but was very difficult, especially for three input files.

- Printing of diff input. (Lot's of work, but at least no unexpected issues.)

- Automatic merging of version control history (ie. $Log$). (Also a very
  big effort. This was partly sponsored by my employer.)

- Dir-show identical/different/A-only/B-only/C-only files with immediate
   effect (instead of option "List only deltas"). If you often compare
   directories, you will like this.

- Auto merge regular expression (for version control keywords)

- Splitting and joining differences for merging (asked for several times,
  here you are.)

- Colorsettings for Dir-Colors

- Filename-edit above DiffInputWindows

- Windows-Context Menu in A/B/C-columns for dir-comparison (Windows only)
   (Right-click onto the icon in the A/B/C-columns.)

- Edit Menu: Select All (Ctrl-A)

- New commandline options:
  --config filename: Select an individual config file.
     (Now also available for Windows and Qt-only version.)
     This was previously only available under KDE and probably not known.
     I hope this helps those, who asked for something like projects.

  --cs config: Change one specific setting via the command line.
      (For settings that were previously adjustable via GUI only.)

  --confighelp: Show available config items and their current values.

- Dircomp: "Compare/Merge explicitly selected files"
    (Select files/dirs for comparison by clicking icons in columns A/B/C)

- User definable ignored command line options.
    Specifiy options to be ignored, when kdiff3 is called
    by your favorite tool.

- "Ignore"-button in error dialog when option not understood (Windows only)

- Ability to swap pathnames in open dialog
    Many people asked for a "Swap left/right"-button.
    Since there are not only two windows, but four, the solution isn't
    that simple. I hope this achieves the purpose.

- Quadratical scroll speedup during selection when mouse moves out
   of the diff input window.

- Plus many bugs fixed. (see the ChangeLog)

- Improved documentations, and updated translation.

One of the next steps will be a port to Qt4, allowing Windows-users to
participate in development.

Goodbye for now, and have fun with the new version of KDiff3!

Joachim