[Kde-extra-gear] admin/ and extragear

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Sep 20 14:19:25 CEST 2005

I am not (yet, hopefully will be) an extragear developer, but I take the
freedom to comment on this aynway :)

On Tuesday 20 September 2005 13:56, Helio Chissini de Castro wrote:

> I think we can change for svn:ext using branch for some time. Looking for
> it today..
> I expect that bksys should no take much more to become stable for kdelibs,
> and after will take a little more time to adapt for extragear still using
> 3.5, but for now, admin from branch is ok.

AFAIK extragear applications are targetted at the last KDE releases, in the
current situation this would be 3.4.2 and 3.5 in a couple of weeks.

Based on that and chances that 3.5 will be the main release for about a year,
I think it doesn't make a lot of sense to switch to a build system that is
different than the target platform.

Cheers,
Kevin

--