[Kde-extra-gear] Releases, translations and branches... an attempt to summarize

Aurelien Gateau aurelien.gateau at free.fr
Thu Sep 15 00:40:42 CEST 2005

Le Mercredi 14 Septembre 2005 19:50, Tom Albers a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> It ignores a few facts:
> - digikam is shipped with 'showfoto', which has its own docbook.

It should work if you run the script twice: one for digikam and the other for
showfoto.

> - kipiplugins consists of a couple of po-files, for each plugin one.

Yes this one needs some work. The script should get the list of po files from
l10n/templates/messages/extragear-$SECTION/. We could then use a simple list
of patterns like this for example:
- $APP.po
- ${APP}_*.po
- desktop_extragear-${SECTION}_$APP.po

For now this won't work because the spelling of kipiplugins is not coherent:
the $APP.po file "is kipiplugins.po", while the
desktop_extragear-${SECTION}_$APP.po file spells $APP "kipi-plugins" and the
${APP}_*.po spells $APP "kipiplugin". I don't know if this is easy to fix. If
it's not, I can add a "--patterns" option for po files.

By the way, the script I posted before is a bit broken with regards to docs:
it copies doc files to extragear-$SECTION/docs/ instead of
extragear-$SECTION/docs/$APP/ (Time for me to write a script to fix the mess
I created with the Gwenview docs...). The attached one should do a better
job. I have not tested it though.

Aurélien