[Kde-extra-gear] extragear insanity again

Helio Chissini de Castro helio at mandriva.com
Mon Sep 12 17:03:47 CEST 2005

Em Monday 12 September 2005 10:30, George Staikos escreveu:
>    At aKademy I decided to check out extragear graphics to build Kst.  The
> checkout was, IIRC, over 200MB.  Can I ask again why we don't put a
> separate toplevel and admin on each app individually?  We could still keep
> the toplevel structure in a sense:
>
> extragear/
> extragear/graphics
> extragear/graphics/digikam {/admin/ configure.in.in etc}
> extragear/graphics/kst {/admin/ configure.in.in etc}

Ok..

I could agree with this change, but i'm against. My point is;
KDE is moving, so if we want avoid insanity, and need change lot of steps
( adding admin and more code ) on every subtree, so i'm in favor now to move
to bksys/scons right now.
Otherwise, i don't want mess with buildtree two times.
I know, that check top tree and just kst can be i pain in the ass, but avoid
download 200 mb of packages. kdesvn-build do this task easily if you want
avoid do it manually.

So, i'm deciding put on vote until Friday to extragear developers decide if we
CHANGE for bksys now, otherwise buildsystem will remain same until KDE 4
stable development cicle.

Best regards.

--
Helio Chissini de Castro