[Kde-extra-gear] [KIPI] Sort/Rename files based on EXIF Tags

Sebastian Sauer mail at dipe.org
Sat Sep 3 04:40:15 CEST 2005

Julien Lafaye wrote:

> I got recently married and thus received tons of digital pictures from my
> friends. In order to share them through a web gallery, I need to merge
> sets of pictures coming from different friends. For my own usage, I think
> two features are lacking from KIPI plugins:
> - batch translate EXIF date tags from a set of pictures (this can be
> achieved right now with jhead http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/jhead/ ).
> - rename and sort pictures by using EXIF date tags.

I normaly use krename ( http://www.krename.net/ ) for that purpose. It's
very powerfull if it comes to renaming a bunch of files and has a jpeg EXIF
plugin too. So, even if I don't know if support for KIPI plugins is planed,
krename may helpfull for that too :-)

--
Sebastian Sauer aka dipesh[sebsauer]
http://www.dipe.org/public_key.asc