[Kde-extra-gear] createPackage.sh script

Jeroen Wijnhout Jeroen.Wijnhout at kdemail.net
Fri May 13 20:29:45 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 11 May 2005 09:56 pm, Sebastian Trueg wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 May 2005 20:15, Jeroen Wijnhout wrote:
> > I just tried with --no-i18n which worked fine, however getting the i18n
> > right is the hardest. Will try that with the new version.
>
> I also tried it and I came across two things:
>
> 1. the script creates an additional src directory which IMHO is not
> nessessary and in the case of K3b results in an unusable package.

The script follows the structure of svn, it doesn't add an extra src dir at
all. For example for kile:
In svn the source is in:
office/kile
in the package:
kile-1.8/src
The office dir is the toplevel dir, in the package it is kile-1.8. How is the
package unusable for K3b?

> 2. the script uses the configure.in.* files from the extragear directory.
> In case of a trunk checkout for example
> extragear/multimedia/configure.in.in is used instead of
> extragear/multimedia/k3b/configure.in.in. The same goes for the Makefile.am
> which in case of K3b breaks compilation.

I see, but you need to merge the two. I though this was done by running make
-f Makefile.cvs, perhaps that is broken.

> I would have tried to hack away myself but I am not sure how to solve this
> yet since the current way seems to work for some packages (i.e. pwmanager
> and also k3b in the 0.11 branch which is organized differently) but not for
> others (i.e. k3b in trunk).
>
> Did you already try it on a trunk version of your app?

Sure, it works. But I don't have a configure.in.in in office/kile.

best,
Jeroen

--
Kile - an Integrated LaTeX Environment for KDE
http://kile.sourceforge.net