[Kde-extra-gear] createPackage.sh script

Michael Buesch mbuesch at freenet.de
Wed May 11 22:40:57 CEST 2005

Quoting Jeroen Wijnhout <Jeroen.Wijnhout at kdemail.net>:
> On Tuesday 10 May 2005 10:32 pm, Michael Buesch wrote:
> > > Thanks for the script! On a first glance the changes look ok, however I
> > > do not understand why you removed the local retrieval option. You might
> > > not need it, but others do and it worked just fine, so why remove a
> > > feature like that? The fact that you don't need it can't possibly be the
> > > answer, can it?
> >
> > Well, it's rather simple why I did this:
> > I don't have time to get it working. ;) It was broken because
> > of the commandline option changes.
>
> The old "I don't have time excuse", huh? ;-) Actually it is a much more
> acceptable excuse than "I don't need it", you see, nobody has time ;-(

Well, I don't think I have to excuse _something_ here.
I just wanted to release PwManager and wanted to
have a script to do so as fast as possible.
So I decided to fork createPackage.sh and do my own
script (svnpackage.sh) to release my app. I did not even
think of other app's issues (you see the mail of Sebastian Trueg),
as I wanted to have PwManager released as fast as possible.

So as I already said, feel free to get your createPackage.sh
script SVN-ready, with the help of my code in svnpackage.sh.

--
Greetings, Michael