[Kde-extra-gear] createPackage.sh script

Sebastian Trueg trueg at k3b.org
Wed May 11 21:56:54 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 11 May 2005 20:15, Jeroen Wijnhout wrote:
> I just tried with --no-i18n which worked fine, however getting the i18n
> right is the hardest. Will try that with the new version.

I also tried it and I came across two things:

1. the script creates an additional src directory which IMHO is not nessessary
and in the case of K3b results in an unusable package.
2. the script uses the configure.in.* files from the extragear directory. In
case of a trunk checkout for example extragear/multimedia/configure.in.in is
used instead of extragear/multimedia/k3b/configure.in.in. The same goes for
the Makefile.am which in case of K3b breaks compilation.

I would have tried to hack away myself but I am not sure how to solve this yet
since the current way seems to work for some packages (i.e. pwmanager and
also k3b in the 0.11 branch which is organized differently) but not for
others (i.e. k3b in trunk).

Did you already try it on a trunk version of your app?

Cheers,
Sebastian