[Kde-extra-gear] createPackage.sh script

Michael Buesch mbuesch at freenet.de
Tue May 10 22:32:25 CEST 2005

Quoting Jeroen Wijnhout <Jeroen.Wijnhout at kdemail.net>:
> On Tuesday 10 May 2005 01:38, you wrote:
> > > I just looked at the script. I think some parts
> > > of it need a rethink and rewrite. Basically svn does
> > > not know anything about branches, so this part of the
> > > script is totally broken.
> > > I'll try to get at least --retrieval SVN working.
> >
> > I just finished a fork of createPackage.sh, which I
> > call svnpackage.sh.
> > Differences to the original createPackage.sh:
> > * I ripped out the --retrieval LOCAL stuff, as I do not need this.
> > * Works with SVN (only)
> > * Many commandline options have been removed and replaced
> >   by others. This was neccessary to get svn checkouts
> >   working in the way I prefer.
>
> Thanks for the script! On a first glance the changes look ok, however I do not
> understand why you removed the local retrieval option. You might not need it,
> but others do and it worked just fine, so why remove a feature like that? The
> fact that you don't need it can't possibly be the answer, can it?

Well, it's rather simple why I did this:
I don't have time to get it working. ;) It was broken because
of the commandline option changes.
If you want to put it back in, you only have to re-add the
--retrieval option and make getResource() working for LOCAL.

I did a release of PwManager today with the script and discovered
a few bugs. I have committed them to svn, so you can review.

--
Regards Michael Buesch  [ http://www.tuxsoft.de.vu ]