[Kde-extra-gear] Translations and branches - Summary

Michael Buesch mbuesch at freenet.de
Thu May 5 13:49:38 CEST 2005

Quoting Mark Kretschmann <markey at web.de>:
> Stop! Misunderstanding :)
>
> We do not plan to change any strings in the stable branch. It's supposed to
> stay string-frozen. What we want is corrected translations!
>
> The last stable release we made (1.2.3) had many badly translated or
> untranslated strings. So we'd like to give the translators a chance to fix
> these strings. That's my point.

I'm doing this:

Freeze strings of the app.
Wait until scripty updated the template. Then comment
out the scripty messages target in the makefile.
This way the template will be frozen, too.
Now branch the application.
So strings can changed in main trunk now, without changing
the template. Translators can now go on and drive
translations to a perfect state, as the template won't
change until the next stable branching (will take months).

--
Regards Michael Buesch  [ http://www.tuxsoft.de.vu ]