[Kde-extra-gear] PwManager-1.2.0-rc1 Release

Michael Buesch mbuesch at freenet.de
Sat Mar 19 01:45:01 CET 2005

Hi,

Here is the next Feature Release of the Password Manager.
This is basically a fork of the 1.0 series with many new
features, fixes and cleanups (GUI cleanups).

Homepage:
http://passwordmanager.sourceforge.net/

Download:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/passwordmanager/pwmanager-1.2.0-rc1.tar.bz2?download

If nothing serious appears, I want to release final
PwManager-1.2.0 soon. So please do some tests and
enjoy the new features.

ChangeLog:
2005-03-19: VERSION 1.2.0-rc1
 - removed broken chipcard implementation.
 + new MasterKey/SmartKey framework.
 + backward compatibility to old chipcard framework.
 + new (simpler) Interprocess Communication.
 + massive GUI updates.
 + new Randomizer framework.
 + new improved Password Generator.
 ~ display "dirty-status" in titlebar.
 + System Tray Icon code completely rewritten.
 + CSV (Comma Separated Value) import/export.
 ~ use new release script "createPackage.sh".
 # compile fixes (make it compile with -pedantic).
 # fix memory errors (initialization errors, memleaks).
 # fix i18n strings.

CVS branch for the 1.2 branch is "branch-1-1".
Yes, I know that it's misnamed. 1.1 will never be
released and all development in the 1.1 branch is dropped.
So 1.2 development is currently done in "branch-1-1".

For the i18n folks:
Message strings freeze is scheduled for next Sunday (2005-03-27)
Thanks for your hard work!

--
Regards Michael Buesch  [ http://www.tuxsoft.de.vu ]