[Kde-extra-gear] Kcfgcreator, kedit and a knewbie (that's what I call a hat trick!)

James Henry Maiewski jhm at mtdata.com
Fri Mar 18 23:09:08 CET 2005

Hello,

	Please excuse what might seem like an intrusion.  Likewise, excuse
this somewhat rambling explanation.

	I really like using Kedit as an all around editor, it starts quick,
and has spell check.   It's perfect for composing text to paste into
web forms.  The only thing is, it doesn't allow me to change the
number of spaces the tab key prints.  I know, I should get over it
and use Kwrite, or Kate (both excellent, I grant), but I thought to
myself, how hard could it be to change this one thing?  I rooted
around and found /usr/share/config.kcfg/kedit.kcfg.  While I couldn't
really understand what it was, it seemed to be where the "configure
kedit" did its doings.

	I did some googling (a9-ing doesn't sound as good), and found and
installed Kcfgcreator 0.3.1, but while I think it installed
correctly, I'll need more info to grok .kfg files.

	Can anyone spare time from making cool Linux apps and point me to
some man pages or something.  Maybe just telling me to forget about
it, I don't know.

	At any rate, thank you for your time.

With an advance of thanks,
	James Henry Maiewski