[Kde-extra-gear] Branches and translations

Helio Chissini de Castro helio at kde.org
Tue Jun 28 13:34:58 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 28 June 2005 04:29, Joris Guisson wrote:
> Seeing that KTorrent is about to go in i18n freeze for 1.0, I have
> some questions regarding branches and translations.
>
> Say I release a 1.0 version, and after that start working on 1.1. Say
> after 2 months somebody finds a security hole in 1.0, obviously I have
> to patch this and release a 1.0.1 version (seeing that 1.1 isn't
> ready). That 1.0.1 release needs the translations from the 1.0
> version, not those from 1.1 (which in this hypothetical case has a
> whole lot of different i18n strings).
>
> The po files in trunk/l10n/[lang]/messages/extragear-network/ are
> normally for the latest version, so how do I get previous translations
> without having to remember all revision numbers for each translation
> for each branch ?
>
> Basicly, how are translations handled with different branches ?

The idea is keep all strings ever. Even in the new release you discard one or
another on code. So this assure that never a string is missing and to made
packages there's only one point to get.

> I also have another request :
>
> Would somebody with sufficient karma please create :
> branches/ktorrent/
> branches/stable/extragear/network/

You mean tags/stable, right ?
This is already created and stable means a point to the latest stable code.
You need write to sysadmin at kde.org to handles creation permissions

[]'s

--
Helio Chissini de Castro