[Kde-extra-gear] extragear packages from branch or tag?

Sebastian Trueg trueg at k3b.org
Tue Jul 5 10:10:51 CEST 2005

IMHO we don't need the stable tag. A branch makes way more sense.
But I think one does not have to use the stable branch if it's too much work.
Isn't that part of the extragear "spirit"? The thing will never be released
as a big package. So if you don't want to do all the stable branch moving and
don't need a stable branch anyway (for example small apps) just stick to the
old ways: develop in trunk, short string freeze, release, develop in
trunk, ....

Cheers,
Sebastian