[Kde-extra-gear] Submitting a new program

Helio Chissini de Castro helio at kde.org
Thu Apr 14 20:09:45 CEST 2005

Em Thursday 14 April 2005 10:57, annivernet at free.fr escreveu:
> Hello everybody !
Hello Nicolas

> My name is Nicolas Ternisien, and I'm currently developing an application
> for KDE. Its name is KSystemLog, and I'm sure that you correctly guess that
> it displays system logs.
>
> For the moment, it is able to parse Syslog files, kernel message from the
> "dmesg" command) and X.org files. You are able to select what files you
> want KSystemLog parse, and some other options.
>
> I'm plan to support Samba, Apache and ProFTPd in the next version (and
> gzipped files)
>
> I would like to know if it would possible to open a project for my program
> in the KDE Subversion server to host it. (playground or some other package
> seem to be a good place)

Yes, it is.
The only reason newcomers apps still not yet ( there's some waiting to join
the party ) is because KDE subversion move, which will be happens soon, so i
just updated new bylaws, and the instructions are available at:
http://extragear.kde.org/home/docs.php

> I would like to release a version in 5 or 6 days, so I need a space to host
> my source code.
The space will be available just after whole migration are done.
Could you wait for a few more days maybe ?

> I hope that my email is sended to the good place, and I would like to
> thanks everybody for their job for KDE !
On behalf of KDE team i say thanks and welcome to the team too now :-)