[Kde-extra-gear] cvsExtract and Subversion

Jeroen Wijnhout Jeroen.Wijnhout at kdemail.net
Tue Oct 19 20:10:47 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 19 October 2004 20:01, Michael Buesch wrote:
> Quoting Jeroen Wijnhout <Jeroen.Wijnhout at kdemail.net>:
> > Yes, it is a similar script. However imho cvsExtract is more suitable for
> > KEG. It is located in kdeextragear-1/scripts.
>
> Cool. I didn't know that.
>
> > > features I added to cvs2dist in your createPackage.sh? (hm, I don't
> > > like upper case letters in filenames)
> > >
> > > Feature to exclude languages. Especially stuff as "xx" and
> > > known incomplete languages.
> >
> > No, but you can included languages using the -l option.
>
> What's easier?
> - Set the -l option with language list of 20 languages
>   and _maintain_ it. I always have to set the list up for
>   all currently translated languages.
> - Set the "not yet available" option to exclude languages
>   with one or two languages. (I mean for example the "xx" language
>   here. It never makes sense to distribute it)
> Hm?

Easy? I have a script that gives me the statistics and compiles a list of
languages to include given some criteria (i.e. I want to have at least 60%
translated for example). This is very easy, but more importantly, it is
accurate. For example, the Dutch translations can be 100% now, but only 50%
after a few releases. You have to maintain the list of languages, whether you
like it or not.

I don't know in how many languages your app is available, but for Kile
typically a dozen languages meet the criteria for inclusion.

That said, I'm not against adding this feature, I'm just trying to warn you.

> > > Moving files around in the final package.
> >
> > I'm planning to allow a script to be run on the untarred, unzipped
> > package directory. This script can move around as much files as you want.
>
> That would be a good solution.
>
> > Want kind of files do you want to move around? The only ones I can
> > imaging are the GNU files (TODO, README, etc.), these are allready
> > automatically moved.
>
> Replace the configure.in.bot by another.

Indeed, this can be done by running a helper script.

> > It is not intended to replace cvs2dist, although I'm pretty sure the
> > cvsExtract (and createPackage) will be much better suited for KEG:
> > 1) You can specify different tags for translations, admin dir, source,
> > etc. This is much needed because at the time of release of a KEG app,
> > kde-common/admin might not be stable (so you will need to specify a tag
> > for this).
>
> Yes, this is really much needed. :)
> I was currently working on this for cvs2dist.

:-) This is probably the reason why cvsExtract exists. Please have a closer
look at createPackage.sh then, perhaps you have useful comments.

best,
Jeroen
--
Kile - an Integrated LaTeX Environment for KDE
http://kile.sourceforge.net