[Kde-extra-gear] For all apps maintainers - subversion ?

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Mon Oct 11 13:21:45 CEST 2004

On Monday 11 October 2004 13:14, Helio Chissini de Castro wrote:
| On Monday 11 October 2004 02:36, Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
| > I would be much more happy about this if someone would stand up as being
| > the guru on this. Someone who would not be offended when we write them
| > with simple questions like how do I branch with subversion etc. Pointing
| > to a FAQ is OK, but shouting back that you should have read all of the
| > manual first is not. I really would hate all of us to waste enormous
| > amount of time getting into subversion as long as we are not even sure
| > that is the tool we want.
|
| Jesper, if you got a point about subversion, please move to the core-devel,
| where we are discussing exactly what you mention here.
I dont, I just want to make sure that we dont rush to a decision on using
subversion for KEG before everyone agrees that we go for that tool.

| What i'm trying to do is get permission of you guys to be the first usable
| modules to move to next version control system, and subversion was the
| subject now on core-devel.
Yeah I saw that after this mail was written.

| Discussion was opened at Akademy, btw :-)
grrrr, I hurt my foot 2 days prior to going, so I couldn't be around (I even
had a non-cancelable ticket :-/

| And just to mention, we used subversion to manage more than 5000 packages
| ( source included ) at our distribution, with a 12 Gb repository since 2
| years, as we are the first real beta testers from subversion 0.5
As I said, I dont have any strong points on this, besides that I do not want
to be test dummy before KDE as a large has decided on subversion.

Cheers
Jesper
thousands of images?

http://ktown.kde.org/kimdaba might be the answer.