[Kde-extra-gear] For all apps maintainers - subversion ?

Helio Chissini de Castro helio at kde.org
Mon Oct 11 13:14:45 CEST 2004

On Monday 11 October 2004 02:36, Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
> I would be much more happy about this if someone would stand up as being
> the guru on this. Someone who would not be offended when we write them with
> simple questions like how do I branch with subversion etc. Pointing to a
> FAQ is OK, but shouting back that you should have read all of the manual
> first is not. I really would hate all of us to waste enormous amount of
> time getting into subversion as long as we are not even sure that is the
> tool we want.

Jesper, if you got a point about subversion, please move to the core-devel,
where we are discussing exactly what you mention here.
What i'm trying to do is get permission of you guys to be the first usable
modules to move to next version control system, and subversion was the
subject now on core-devel.
Discussion was opened at Akademy, btw :-)

And just to mention, we used subversion to manage more than 5000 packages
( source included ) at our distribution, with a 12 Gb repository since 2
years, as we are the first real beta testers from subversion 0.5

[]'s

--
Helio Chissini de Castro
KDE Developer