[Kde-extra-gear] Hello and let's start to bugging everyone with proposals :-)

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Thu Oct 7 10:58:03 CEST 2004

First, hi Helio, and bye Klass ;-)
Second, sorry if my point has been said already, I'm moving apartment, and
have only a few minutes for mail.

| 1 - CRITICAL ONE - About keg modules new layout
Personally I dont care much about this. However, please make sure to give
people some time to prepare for this, so we don't end with our changes for
files that don't exists anymore in CVS.

| Create a keg_release_branch !
I might be missing something here, but how would a packer know what version a
given tag would be? I mean TAG_LATEST_AND_BEST of KimDaBa would today be 1.1
and in a week 2.0, the tag name do not reveal any info on that.

Regarding CVS, subversion etc.
May I urge decision makers to let us vote on this. I'm the kind of guy who do
just want my tools to work, and do not (anymore) like experimenting with
those. I would be unhappy to spent hours after hours on getting into
subversion. (Having said that, I agree that someone should be the test
dummies, and better us that core KDE)

Cheers
Jesper.