[Kde-extra-gear] Re: the stable tag

Mark Kretschmann markey at web.de
Thu Oct 7 10:49:39 CEST 2004

On Thursday 07 October 2004 10:10, Jeroen Wijnhout wrote:
> On Thursday 07 October 2004 10:06, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
> > Something I will always tell to all packagers which wants to make
> > packages of my software (knetload in this case, but also eventual new
> > apps I will submit to keg) is: "never take the cvs, always take my
> > released unmodified tarball".
>
> Well, the Kile release_1_6_3 is precisely equal to the kile-1.6.3.tar.bz2.
> So I don't see your point.

So, to summarize:

All we need to do is add an additional tag "LATEST_STABLE", which is moved by
the app mainainer after every stable release. E.g., Jeroen releases Kile
1.6.3, tags it kile_1_6_3, and then also tags it LATEST_STABLE.

If this is the plan I think it's very little work and completely acceptable.

--Mark