[Kde-extra-gear] Re: Hello and let's start to bugging everyone with proposals :-)

Helio Chissini de Castro helio at kde.org
Wed Oct 6 14:02:33 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 06 October 2004 07:27, Lauri Watts wrote:
> As another packager, may I point out that we (FreeBSD) *never* package out
> of CVS, only ever from release tarballs.   I don't believe this is
> especially unusual, from talking to other packagers, it may even be the
> more common case.   We occasionally push forward patches for bugfixes,
> usually if the maintainer points one out that fixes a reported bug, but if
> the bug being fixed is big, should the maintainer not be making a point
> release?
>
> Do as you like with the CVS modules, but please continue to make proper
> tarballs and releases.

Ok, i forgot mention this, but of course i didn't forget tarballs..
With this stable branch, i can make regular tarball releases for the module,
both a keg full module tarball or a independent app tarball.
The fact is this make things easier to make a "convenient" keg apps release as
a visibility idea on the date of oficial KDE release date, even if the app is
same base code on last three or four KDE releases.

--
Helio Chissini de Castro
KDE Developer