[Kde-extra-gear] Hello and let's start to bugging everyone with proposals :-)

Martin Köbele martin at mkoebele.de
Wed Oct 6 09:48:52 CEST 2004

On Wednesday, 6. October 2004 09:33, Jeroen Wijnhout wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 October 2004 08:41, Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> > On Tuesday 05 October 2004 22:53, Helio Chissini de Castro wrote:
> > > 1 - CRITICAL ONE - About keg modules new layout
> > > Recent thread suggests a new way to divide keg modules. One of most
> > > appreciate sugestions is move keg-1,2,3 to keg-multimedia,
> > > keg-utilities, etc..
> >
> > I second this proposal.
> >
> > > 2 - Please have mercy of packagers :-)
> > > Create a keg_release_branch !
> >
> > This seems pointless to me. The applications are already tagged for
> > releases. Distros are supposed to use the tagged stable program versions.
> > Where's the problem?
>
> Quiz: what is the stable tag for:
> Kile
> Kst
> Kimdaba
> KMPlayer
> Konversation
> K3b
> KBruch
> amaroK (guess you know this one)
> You have 20 seconds to answer ;-)

I agree with markey. But to be more precise, packagers are supposed to take
the latest release. Each project is supposed to have a little webpage where
they offer and announce their releases. Those should be the basis for the
packagers.
Therefore I don't think that a release branch is necessary at all.

Martin