[Kde-extra-gear] Re: libkipi in keg3

Klas Kalaß klas.kalass at gmx.de
Sat Mar 13 20:20:28 CET 2004

Am Samstag 13 März 2004 11:30 schrieb Aurelien Gateau:
> Hi all!
>
> I'm currently chatting with Jesper from Kimdaba on IRC about libkipi, KDE
> Image Plugin Interface. This is a joint effort from Digikam, Kimdaba,
> Showimg and Gwenview to share image plugins. We are planning to develop
> this on keg3 which seems to be the best place for it right now. Klass, can
> you give us the green light?
I am not very keen on the idea to put libraries in the KDE Extra Gear.
Having libraries in the Extra Gear leads to strange dependency situations, as
has happened with taglib. No other module should depend on any keg-* module.
Taglib has moved to kdesupport now.

Maybe you should ask on core-devel if you can put libkipi in kdesupport, too.

> Regards,
>   Aurélien

Regards,

 Klas