[Kde-extra-gear] snapshots of extragear modules

Renchi Raju renchi at pooh.tam.uiuc.edu
Fri Jul 9 15:46:28 CEST 2004

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004, George Staikos wrote:

> On Friday 09 July 2004 03:10, Klas Kalaß wrote:
> > Appaerently someone put snapshots of the KDE Extragear modules on KDE ftp
> > server.
> >
> > I would like to hear your opinion on that, if you think that this is OK or
> > if you agree with me that it violates our "every app has its own releases
> > and there must not be extragear packages" policy.
> >
> > I would like to remove the packages from the ftp server.
>
>    The last thing I want to do is deal with bug reports on some random
> snapshot that I know nothing about.  I don't really like the idea of this.

i agree. for us at digikam, the current code is changing very rapidly and
i would definitely not like any bug reports on an outdated snapshot. some
distributions might even decide to package these snapshots as cvs versions
and depending on the speed at which they maintain these packages, we may
or may not have to deal with the headache of weird bug reports.

renchi