[Kde-extra-gear] snapshots of extragear modules

Christian Hubinger e9806056 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jul 9 11:55:53 CEST 2004

Klas Kalaß wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Appaerently someone put snapshots of the KDE Extragear modules on KDE ftp
>server.
>
>I would like to hear your opinion on that, if you think that this is OK or if
>you agree with me that it violates our "every app has its own releases and
>there must not be extragear packages" policy.

Well i personaly don't have a problem with that - but you're right when
you mean that it violates the policy.
I would do something like adding a warning to the packages that this
releases are done without the knowledge of the authors/maintainers so
that people don't start to blame us (the authors) for broken apps. When
thinking about the current state of kmyfirewall, i don't think that the
users will have fun with those snapshots (well and i won't hav fun
answering mails telling me that the app is broken - as i know that
fact). On the other side this would shurely increase the number of
people who write bug reports. As everytime there are to sides of every
story.

>I would like to remove the packages from the ftp server.

I would remove the packages OR add a warning.

greetings,
chris