[Kde-extra-gear] snapshots of extragear modules

Jeroen Wijnhout Jeroen.Wijnhout at kdemail.net
Fri Jul 9 10:57:52 CEST 2004

On Friday 09 July 2004 09:27, Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
> On Friday 09 July 2004 09:24, Sebastian Trueg wrote:
> | those are cvs snapshots? that means unstable? In that case I agree to
> | remove them.
>
> Why?
> I'd say that if people want to try and see what bleeding edge KDE is like,
> why should they not have a chance with our apps in one package too?

I strongly disagree with this, if it is presented as a beta snapshot. It is
just very bad for your app marketing wise (considering the fact that some
apps will be in unstable state and have many bugs and unfinished features).
If the snapshots are presented as daily snapshots, then it is ok for me.
Nobody expects daily snapshots to be stable.

> I dont see the harm of having those package - Had the question been,
> whether we should put efforts into building those packages, then it would
> not have been worth it, but now they are there, they may very well promote
> our software.

Remember they can also do the opposite of promoting it, if the software is
unfinished and buggy.

best,
Jeroen
--
Kile - an Integrated LaTeX Environment for KDE
http://kile.sourceforge.net